Career Transition Coaching
Today, it’s less and less likely that people will start and finish a career at the same organization.
In fact, career shifts are now the norm.
Cross-sector shifts – going from education to private sector or from public sector to non-profits and back again – aren’t unusual anymore, either.
Career transition coaching can help you navigate the emotional, strategic, and practical aspects of looking for a new job or bridging to a career in a brand-new areas through:
- Values exploration and clarification
- Understanding how your skills apply in a variety of settings, and across different sectors
- Learning how to tell your story, so employers understand what you bring to the table
- Mapping out your “soft skills” – the ones most likely to get you from interview to job offer
- Exploring emotional blocks or faulty belief systems that are holding you back
- Support in building new social and professional networks
- Help redesigning your resume, LinkedIn entry, and social media profile
- Preparing for interviews – including how to (subtly) interview them
- Thinking through how to negotiate salary and benefits